Thursday, December 11, 2008

Last Day of Class

Tonights class was the last for this semester. As we wrapped up everything we learned, I reflected on the various discussions that took place throughout the course. I must say, I really enjoyed Castells book. I liked his multidisciplined approach, the way he brought ideas from physics, computer science, economics, communication and network theory. It was difficult to follow but I felt a greater sense of accomplishment once I (sometimes I had to read a passage several, uh more like a 8 or 9 times to fully grasp the meaning) understood the material.

I enjoyed the different perspectives that each member of our class shared, it was a diverse group, spread across several generations. Some of us like technology, others tolerated it, nevertheless providing wonderful insight. I learned much in this course and hope to gain greater knowledge in new media.

No comments: