Tuesday, May 12, 2009

W. Hartford, Philly, Boston

Last Friday I received an award from the School of Communication. It was for best research conducted by a graduate student. It was a great honor, plus they gave me $200 dollars, so much more useful than a clock or artistic piece of glass normally presented for these awards.
Dr. Jack Banks presenting the award..



Danielle Graci, Me, Leo Makowski. Each of us received a different award.


Kisti and I, post award ceremony.



The last weekend in April, I had a wonderful opportunity to attend the Eastern Communication Association conference, which was held in Philadelphia this year. I presented two papers one on text messaging and the other on computer mediated communication. It was a great experience and resume builder. Plus the university picked up most of the expenses.
Kisti joined me for the conference. It was great that she was able to come and it was nice to have a friendly face in the audience.


Kisti said this was the best ice cream she had ever had. When I pressed her for details, she claims that cold stone tastes like an ice cube when compared with this.

No stop in Philly would be complete without visiting the Liberty bell.


Waiting for my turn to present

My first presentation...


the second.


Me, Kathryn Maggorie, Sundeep Muppidi, Jack Banks, Ryan Rossignol, part of the University of Hartford contingent



For Christmas, Kisti bought me tickets to the Celtics-Heat game. It was a great game, despite arriving in the forth quarter. ( We got stuck on the Mass turnpike with all of the Easter holiday travelers. We now have a fast pass so this will not happen again)



The view from our seats.



The Heat took the lead with 1:37 left in the game, but they couldn't close it out. The Celtics won by 7.


You can't get much higher than this!




Post game, I took this picture for Jason and my dad, knowing that they appreciate all of the championship banners hanging from the rafters.













1 comment:

Cynthia and Joe said...

WOO HOO! Congrats Mike! You are awesome.
You're crazy why would we get annoyed with updates? Keep them coming!
We are happy you are doing so well :) Keep it up!